"If your heart is in your dreams, no request is too extreme."

Disney Past and Present

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

First Day on Location!!

Blog Entry from August 23, 2011:


So today was my first day on location!!! It was so much fun. The theme of my restaurant is so cute. First off, Restaurantesaurus is located in the Dino-Land section of Animal Kingdom. It's more geared towards younger guests, but there is one ride, "Dinosaur" that is for older ones (it's very scary in my opinion, but Nate loved it).

The idea is that two archeologist brothers, Chester and Hester set up camp in Dino-Land to dig for dinosaur bones along highway 498 (AK opened in April of 1998). They opened a gas station and then tourists started coming through to see their bones so they added a store to the gas station and ultimately, a restaurant. Then a bunch of college students came in to work at the dig site and thought they would add some fun elements - such as adding -osaurus onto the "Restaurant" sign out front. They also opened up their hang out area and bunks to guests.

My trainer's name was Jayme and she was so so nice. She did the college program a year ago and she stayed on as a Cast Member. She really seems to love her job, and she said training was her favorite. I learned all about the restaurant and the area that I will be working in so that I can answer guest questions about bathrooms, ATM's, or the location of certain rides in the park.

A part of the restaurant are two "carts." One is an ice cream booth that is inside and sells sundaes, and floats, as well as churros. The other sells turkey legs and frozen lemonade. I actually think it'd be really fun to work in either one of these locations because it seemed more low key and you work with only one other person. It seemed really fun. Plus who wouldn't want to be making ice cream sundaes and floats for Disney guests!

You have to be working at Restaurantosaurus for 30 days before they'll train you on it, so we'll see! I'm so excited for the possibilities here. They have an entertainment audition halfway through my program so I'm trying to decide if I want to go to it, or if I want to try to work my way up in corporate. I don't know, I guess I'll decide when I come to it.


For now, working in the parks is awesome. When I walked into work today in my costume, through the Animal Kingdom gates, I got SO excited. I don't know if that feeling will ever go away. Like I've said before, I've just wanted this for so so long, that I can't even believe I'm here working.

We'll see!!!

1 comment: