"If your heart is in your dreams, no request is too extreme."

Disney Past and Present

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Disney Dining

Blog Entry from August 21, 2011:

Disney is really good at a lot of things, and one thing I have noticed first hand thus far as a Cast Member is their wonderful system of training. Each CM goes through "Traditions," followed by an orientation to their actual location - whether it's Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, or a resort like the Grand Floridian or the Boardwalk. There they give you inside information about that specific location including the history, some fun facts, and where the CM rooms are, etc.

After that you do another orientation in your role. So for me, that was Food & Beverage, for Victoria that was Attractions. In that session you learn everything about safety and the rules to your specific role. From there you start training on location.

Today I had my Food & Beverage class. It was interesting to learn the safety of cooking, what temperatures things need to be at, and then added Disney do's and don'ts that differ from the rest of the American standards and laws of food. It was very interesting.
Victoria and I would love to make it our goal to try each restaurant on property. Now, I don't know if that is possible, but we'll try. Tonight we caved and went to California Grill again. We just couldn't resist the "Spicy Kazaan" sushi dish. It is sushi with crab, shrimp and tuna, and on the plate there are scallops in a creamy "fireball sauce." It is so delicious. We got that and the sushi platter. Everything was so so yummy.

I really love it here. Tomorrow I have the day off and then Tuesday I start training at my location. I'm so so so excited.

Ttfn!

No comments:

Post a Comment