"If your heart is in your dreams, no request is too extreme."

Disney Past and Present

Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Wonderful Letter.

As many of you know, Rachel Strasner is one of my best friends from Gordon. We have lived together for the past two years in apartments, and have experienced so much of college together. Naturally, she was one of the first few people I told. She knew I had been nervous because I applied to the Fall program which is from August - January, but that there was a possibility I could be placed in the Fall Advantage Program which is from June - January. If it was the difference between me being accepted or not, I definitely would have done the Advantage Program, but I was nervous because Rachel is getting married in July and I was not going to miss it. This would have brought about tons of stress because you're technically not allowed to request time off while on the college program. So, needless to say, I was VERY excited to be accepted to the Fall Program.

When I talked to Rachel she was ECSTATIC to hear that I got in, not even because it meant I would be able to help her in the last few months of her wedding, but also because she knows that I have wanted to do this my entire life.

Today while I was babysitting, just a few hours after I found out and talked to her she stopped by with a card. This is a portion of what it says:

My Darling Beautiful Christina!!!
I am so immensely proud of you and happy for you!! OH my godness you made it!! You fullfilled one of your dreams! I am bursting with joy and pride over your accomplishments. I hope that you feel at peace knowing that God led you to this point in your life and He is not going to leave you! Here is the sign you were waiting for from Him, enjoy it! You have exceeded what you thought you were capable of and here you are. It is truly amazing but actually very fitting for you to be awarded this honor. I am thrilled to have you as one of my closest friends, one of my bridesmaids, and truly a sister to me forever. I cannot stop smiling for you, I hope that you revel in this joy and don't let it go!
I love you so much,
Rachel

Ah! I started tearing up when I read this. Words can't explain how much this note meant to me. I am so so excited that I have been able to have this wonderful opportunity to do what I've always dreamed, and even more excited that I have so many people supporting me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment