"If your heart is in your dreams, no request is too extreme."

Disney Past and Present

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Wishing.

I wrote this post for my other blog, Everyday Truths, about a week ago. I thought it would be fun to post it here as well!

February 12, 2011:

Almost two weeks ago I applied for the Disney College Program. It was so incredibly exciting because I have wanted to be an employee (which Disney refers to as Cast Members - CM's) for as long as I can remember. I am graduating college with a degree in theatre and a minor in communication arts so I always thought it would be good to get a job with the largest media corporation in the world. The college program is designed for students to do a semester in either Disney World or Disneyland. They give you housing and you work for them, have the opportunity to take academic classes, and even master classes with Disney Professionals.

After doing a written application, and online interview, I was asked to do a phone interview (which is the last step before getting into the program unless you are auditioning for an entertainment role...more on that later). SO anxiety producing. I was not entirely sure what they would ask me but luckily there was a lot of information online from previous CP's (students that completed the college program) so I was able to gather a few questions I was sure they would ask. Melissa, my interviewer called right on time and started my interview by going over my application with me and then asked me why I wanted to the program. I felt really good about our conversation. Melissa was very nice and I found myself responding quicker than I thought I would.

Now is the HARDEST part. I thought waiting for my phone interview was bad, this is HORRIBLE. I just want to know! Everyday I check my email compulsively, and every time my phone beeps I hope it's an email from Disney. A few days ago I received an email from the Disney College Program and I was SO excited. When I opened it I realized it was a survey to see how I found out about the college program, etc. While I value Disney's desire to grow in the way they recruit, and appreciate that they want to better themselves, it was a little sad for me.

As the days grow closer and closer to when I am supposed to find out (they said 3-4 weeks, and it will be 3 weeks for me on Friday) it becomes harder and harder to keep my mind occupied on anything other than Disney.

I REALLY hope I get in, but I also feel very confident that what is meant to be will be, meaning that if I don't get in, I am meant to be doing something else this coming fall. We shall see!

Until then, I'll keep thinking magical thoughts! (And hoping for a purple envelope.) :D

No comments:

Post a Comment